About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Monday, March 07, 2011

Playing catch up! ADFD cards

Well, lets just say I still alive.  I've had a few things going on, but the one that's really put me off my stride in posting is my printer deciding it doesn't want to work anymore.  It would work for a little bit when I printed off test pages, and then when I wanted to print off my images to make cards, it wouldn't print.  So, I had no images to play with.  Its all worked out now and its life has been spared - for now.  So I'm going to post a couple cards here right away.  I've also decided that I'm not going to go into full detail on my cards anymore unless I use some really specific or complicated technique on my cards - which is usually not the case.  It was taking so much time to write up complete instructions that I was getting to the point that I didn't want to post. So, from now on, I will be just posting the supplies I used under the cards.

Here is a card from the new release for Feb 25/11.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Vintage School Girl (A Day For Daisies), sentiment (Create with TLC)
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise cardstock (SU!), black cardstock (SU!), white cardstock (Wausau Exact Index 110#), digital patterned paper (Energy kit - Summertime Designs)
Tools & Embellishments:  Corner punch (unknown manufacturer), rhinestones (Walmart), ribbon (Dollar Store), Photoshop shape, CraftRobo, Matte Medium (Liquitex), black embossing powder (Stampendous), white embossing powder (Stampendous)

There are only a few things that I did on this card out of the ordinary.  The image itself is digitally paper pieced with digital papers from Summertime Designs.  For the frame,  I used the shape from Photoshop and cut it out 4 times with my CraftRobo and glued them together so they would be the thickness of chipboard.  I then used black ink and black embossing powder on the shape.

TIP:  If you don't have any chipboard and want a piece the thickness of chipboard, cut/punch 4 or 5 pieces the same out of cardstock and glue them on top of each other and the piece will be almost exactly like chipboard.  You can then finish it with patterned paper or other techniques as you would with chipboard.

The second technique I used is something I found recently on Mel Stampz blog.  Its a technique & product used on your paper so that you can emboss images/sentiments printed off on your printer.  I never had luck embossing things, even trying to dump the powder on as it was coming out of the printer.  It just absorbed into the paper to quickly.  So, what you do is brush a light coat of matte medium onto your paper, let it thoroughly dry and then run it through the printer.  The matte medium prevents the ink from soaking into the paper.  You still have to work quickly to get the powder on the printout, but at least it gives you a couple seconds.  I have found that you do need to use high print quality settings and it doesn't always work for light colours.  To get the white on a black background (because you can't print in white), I just printed with black and then dumped white embossing powder on it.  Since it was black cardstock, the black ink doesn't show and just the white embossing shows up.

My next card is from this past Friday's new release.  These images are so sweet.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Butterfly Pony (A Day For Daisies), sentiment (Create with TLC)
Papers:  patterned paper (DCWV), light blue cardstock (Recollections)
Tools & Embellishments:  Floral Lace edge punch (Martha Stewart), rhinestone sticker (Michaels), ribbon (Michaels), waterfall glitter glue (Stickles), star dust glitter glue (Stickles), pencil crayons (Crayola, Roseart), oms

Have a great day everyone!
Cat

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...