About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Monday, November 22, 2010

ADFD Challenge #6 - Attitude of Gratitude

With Thanksgiving coming up for our US friends, this week's challenge at ADFD is all about gratitude.  The catch to the challenge is that you must create your own sentiment for the challenge - and of course use an ADFD image. There are so many great images in the store that could be used for this challenge.  I'll admit I had to "force" myself to get into the Thanksgiving frame of mind again, since we have our Thanksgiving a month earlier here in Canada. But, with all the beautiful images Tammy has available, it wasn't that hard once I came up with my sentiment. Here is the card I created for this challenge.


Supplies:
Stamps: Roast Turkey & Flowers
Papers: Digital Paper (300dpi.com), SU Close to Cocoa cardstock, Recollections cardstock, Wausau Exact Index 110#, Staples brand matte finish brochure paper (used to print the digi paper)
Inks: Coffee Dye Ink (StampCraft), Walnut Stain distress ink (Ranger - Tim Holtz)
Tools & Embellishments: Ribbon (American Crafts), Copics, Brads (dollar store), Vivaldi font (sentiment), CraftRobo


This card is actually a half fold card so it measures 8.5" x 5.5".  I didn't want to lose any of the detail of the stamp on the different layers when the card was put together, so I decided to make it as large as I could (and still fit in the premade envelopes I have on hand).  You may not notice it in the picture, but the focal image is 3 layers.  I used the print & cut feature of my CraftRobo to cut the layers because of the intricate cuts around some of the flowers.  That is another reason I love digi stamps.  I don't have to hand cut them.  The paper printed out a little lighter than I had anticipated, so I used some distress ink & coffee coloured ink to go around the edges to darken it a little bit and to match the colour of the turkey.  I think I need to re-calibrate my monitor, because it looked like the perfect shade of golden/beige on my screen but printed too light.

Well, I hope you get on over to ADFD and get in on the challenge  (here's the link:  ADFD Challenge #6.) Tammy has provided a great free image to use if you don't already have some of her images.  Take a peek at the new releases too while you're there. They're fabulously retro kinda art nouveau - they remind of me of the starlets from the 1920's Hollywood.  You can see her new releases here in the store.

Talk to all later...

Cat

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Super darling Thanksgiving card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...