About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Brakefast Club Challenge #23 - Three

I'm back with a new project to show you all.  That was quick eh? (Yes, I'm Canadian...)  This week's challenge over at the Brakefast Club is to use 3 of something on your project.  Three buttons, three different papers... you get the gist of it.  I had an Easter card to make for a fellow member on the Stampin' Canada board, so I kinda cheated and combined both projects into one.  Here is my card for this week's challenge:

Supplies
Stamps:  Lilies (I Brake For Digis), sentiment (SU! Well Scripted set)
Papers, coloured cardstock (SU!), white cardstock (Wausau Exact Index 110#)
Tools & Embellishments:  Craft Robo, Elegant Bouquet embossing folder (SU!), embossing ink (VersaMark), clear embossing powder (Stampendous), Copic markers, Liquid Pearls, Onyx ink pad (Stampology - Autumn Leaves), embossing stylus

To create the background on the yellow cardstock, I first embossed it with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder.  Then I took my VersaMark re-inker and used a paint brush to paint on the ink over the design. Initially, I tried to use the ink pad and rub it on so that it only hit the high spots, but that was a disaster. Painting the ink on worked sooooo much better.  Then I poured on the embossing powder, shook off the excess, and hit it with the heat gun.  I like the way it turned out.  I cut my "faux nesties" with my CraftRobo. To finish off the image, I put three little "pearls" with the Liquid Pearls on the bottom side.  Its pretty simple in design, but I really like the colour combo.  And it also fits into the challenge - 3 colours (also the 3 little "pearls" works too).

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll be back soon with something new to show you again.

Take care...

Cat

2 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

This is gorgeous...tfs

Jean said...

Beautiful, I don't know anything about a craftrobo but how did you emboss the edges of your faux nesties? I have a cricut expressions and have been wondering how I could do this look. Thanks for your reply to my thread also, I hope to get some lighter weight paper tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...