About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Long time no see!

Hi everyone!  Well, I've been MIA for a couple weeks here.  Life is taking its toll and I haven't been keeping up with blogging lately.  I finally said enough is enough and I took some time to create something.  It felt really good to play with my paper again.  I have two cards I want to show you.

This first card is one I started a couple weeks ago for the Brakefast Club Challenge #24.  I got as far as punching the edge along the patterned paper and printing off the image.  But that's all I got done.  So tonight I picked everything up again and finally finished the card. Its amazing how quickly it came together.  Sometimes, a card can take me hours - yes hours... I've been known to spend 8 hours making one card - and this one came together in about 40 minutes once I pulled out the papers and tools.  Here's the card:

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rosebud Vase (I Brake For Digis)
Papers:  patterned paper (K&Company), linen texture cardstock (American Crafts), white cardstock (Wausau Exact Index 110#)
Tools & Embellishments:  colouring pencils (Martha Stewart), oms, ribbon (Michaels), flat back pearls (Recollections), Loops border punch (Martha Stewart), Gloo (KI Memories), pop up adhesive squares (Dollar Store), Glue Dots, ATG

I don't remember who the patterned paper is made by - it was in my scraps.  The image is coloured with pencil crayons & oms.  I've been experimenting with using different colours as a shadow around the image other than the usual grey.  For this image, I used a pinky peach colour and I don't think the picture shows it well, but it does look nice with all the pink paper and ribbon.

The second card came together really quickly as well.  I always told people I worked well under pressure, so I think I actually proved that to myself tonight.  This card really only took about an hour to do.  I made this card for the Brakefast Club challenge #25:  One for the Kids.  Here it is:

Supplies:
Stamps:  Jack in the Box (I Brake for Digis)
Papers:  Digital Paper (Jeanelle Paige - A Cherry on Top), Presentation paper (Epson), coloured cardstock (Recollections), white cardstock (Wausau Exact Index 110#)
Tools & Embellishments:  Pencil crayons (Martha Stewart), oms, buttons (Walmart),  Cornice edge punch (Martha Stewart), Corner decorative scissors (Fiskars),  Gloo (KI Memories), pop up adhesive squares (Dollar Store), ATG, red Stickles

I changed the line colours of the image in my graphics program to blue so that it would match the papers I chose.  After colouring it with my Martha Stewart pencil crayons, again, I used a colour other than grey for the shadow around the image.  I used a light bluish green that I thought complimented the colours nicely.  I used red Stickles on the crown to give it a little zing.  Other than that, the card is pretty straight forward.

Well, its pretty late here and I have an early start tomorrow.  Thanks for popping by.  I'll have another card or two to show you by the end of the week, so come and visit again.  If you're interested in either of the images I used for my cards, they're available in the I Brake For Digis shop.  Don't forget to grab your 10% discount code in the sidebar before you head off shopping.

See you later...

Cat

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...