About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Friday, May 06, 2011

Last Card for I Brake for Digis...

This will be my last "official" DT card for I Brake For Digis.  Unfortunately, Della has decided to close the shop. Its too bad. I really like the digis she has available, but if things aren't working out, then she needs to take care of her interests.  The good thing is that the I Brake for Stamps shop is still going strong, so you can still get some of the images in rubber.  And she just introduced some of the Freddie the Frog images in rubber.  They're too cute.

I made this card for the challenge #26 over at the Brakefast Club (which will still be up and running as far as I am aware).  The challenge is to use things on your card that start with the letter "B".  Here's my card with all my "B"s:

Supplies:
Stamps:  Wedding Cake (I Brake For Digis)
Papers:  coloured cardstock (Recollections), white cardstock (Wausau Exact Index 110#)
Tools & Embellishments:  butterfly trio punch (Martha Stewart), corner ticket punch (SU), embossing folder (Floral Flourishes & Vines set by Sizzix), "Love" brad (Dollar Store), mini flat back pearls (Recollections), rhinestones (Walmart), satin ribbon (Michaels), pop up adhesive squares (Dollar Store), Gloo (KI Memories), ATG, pencil crayons (Martha Stewart), oms, Star Dust glitter glue (Stickles)


The card is pretty basic in design.  When I purchased my MS colouring pencils, the info on the box said that they are blendable pigment pencils.  So I tested it out on the image.  I first used a base of a light peachy skin colour, then near the bottom, I used a darker peach colour, then I used brown along the bottom of the layers of the cake.  I guess I'm not that good at blending because I had to go back in with my oms and a blending stump to smooth out the colours and blend them to get the lines to blend away. But I do like the way the colour graduates to a darker colour.  The last thing I did was put some stickles on the image.  So my "B"s for the challenge are:  brown, bling, butterflies, and brads.  I hope you like it.

The IBFD shop is still open at the time I am writing this post.  If you're at all interested in the image I used for this card, or any of the other images, hurry - no, RUN! - over to the shop to snag it before they're gone for good.  Della didn't have a specific time/day she was going to shut down the site.  The 10% off discount code is also still available in my sidebar and still valid.  Don't miss out on your last chance to get some of the great digis offered in the IBFD shop.

Well, I had a great time working with Della - she's so nice.  And I loved working with the images I got to use for my DT assignments.  Good luck to the rest of the DT team and I'm sure I'll see you around the blogosphere. :)  I still have a ton of I Brake for Stamps rubber stamps I haven't had a chance to play with yet, so I'll still participate in the occasional challenge over at The Brakefast Club.

Take care & talk to you later...

Cat

3 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

Look at this card it is adorable...makes me hungry...tfs

Jean said...

Such a cute card, it is to bad about IBFD. I haven't shopped there but have just gotten back to card making in the last 2 months or so. I love digitals they are so easy and to get them right now is huge for me! LOL Thanks so much for sharing this lovely card.

celia said...

Cat, every time I visit, I'm astounded by your cards. It must be incredibly rewarding to have such an eye for design. I particularly love the embossed Easter card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...