Today is the start of the A Day for Daisies Challenge #3. The theme this time is Layers - lot of layers. I usually don't use a whole bunch of layers so this was going to be a stretch for me - but I guess that's why its called a Challenge huh? I really wanted to use the Babe Basket image. It is so cute. I also wanted to use it on a scrapbook page. I had the perfect image for the layout - a picture of my niece I took only 12 hours after she was born. I took artistic liberties with interpreting the challenge and decided to use "layers" (= shades) of a colour. I have layers of purples and pinks in this project. Here is the layout I came up with for the challenge plus a few close up shots of some of the elements:
Image: Babe Basket - A Day for Daisies (printed on a Canon MP560)
Cardstock: Recollections, Wausau Exact Index 80# white
Patterned Paper: unknown
Flowers: Michaels (large pink silk flowers), unknown (paper flowers)
Buttons: Dollar Store
Studio G glitter glue, Stickles, Liquid Pearls, Tattered Angels Sherbert Glimmer Mist
EK Success Tulips Large Edger Punch, Copic Markers, Sharpie Markers , Cats Eye ink
Velum tag: Deja View
I printed the image 3 times and then cut out the various layers and popped them up on pop-dots so that the blanket and flowers would have some dimension. I used my CraftRobo to cut the butterflies and glued little rhinestones to the wings and put purple stickles on the body. I also used my CraftRobo to cut the title from the patterned paper and then used pink cardstock and cut the matting for the words. It doesn't show up in the photo, but I used glimmer mist on the purple cardstock. Once that was dry, with a pencil I lightly drew some large swirls and then used stickles, glitter glue, & liquid pearls to create some "bling" swirls on the background. I've had the vellum tag for a really long time so I thought it was time to use it. I tore the edges and then inked them with purple Cats Eye ink. Assembling the layout was pretty straight forward. The only thing I had to do was mount the layout onto a heavier piece of Domtar 130# card stock. After using the glimmer mist, the purple card stock warped a little. I cut a piece 11.75" x 11.75" and glued the layout to it so that it will lay flat.
I didn't get this next project completed on time, but want to show you a really pretty image from ADFD. I'm such a sucker for Christmas images and this one is so cute I just had to have it. Its the Christmas Elf image and its a great image to work with - so many colour possibilities. Here is a card I made with it:
Image: ADFD Christmas Elf A (printed on a Canon MP560)
Stamps: Studio G (sentiments)
Ink: Marvy markers, Copic markers, Sharpie markers
Cardstock: Wausau Exact Index 80# white, SU! Whisper White, Recollections
Patterned Paper: DCWV
Punches: Martha Stewart Branch, EK Success Snowflake Edge, Marvy Uchida Snowflake, Marvy Uchida
Southwestern corner punch
Ribbon: Dollar Store, DMC floss
ProvoCraft Snowflake embossing folder, stickles, glitter glue
I coloured the image with Copics and Sharpies. I then put stickles and glitter glue on the hat and pompoms to jazz it up a bit. I used the Southwestern corner punch after I double matted the image and wrapped embroidery floss around the edges through the punched corners. I punch both sides of a strip of Christmas patterned paper to make it look sort of like lace and adhered that over the embossed whisper white card stock. I punched a few branches with the Martha Stewart punch and glued them into a "swag" and glued that to the card and then glued a punch snowflake on top to hide all the glue. I put stickles and glitter glue on the swag and snowflake as well.
That's all I have for today. You should head over to ADFD and enter into the challenge (the link is in my sidebar). There is a great prize offered to one of the lucky participants of the challenge. I have another craft show this weekend and have a couple things I want to prepare for it so I will post pictures of the new items next week.
Take care & talk to you later...