About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Friday, January 14, 2011

ADFD - New Release - Fairy Dress

Hi again!  It's another new release at ADFD.  This time around, there are some pretty special images.  They appeal to the little kid in me and the way I use to play dress up when I was small.  They're so sweet and whimsical.  I know you'll just love them too.


I've started to develop a really strong liking for kraft card stock lately.  I really didn't like it at first.  I got a couple pieces of Stampin' Up kraft cardstock last year, just to see if I liked it and I didn't - at all.  So, I just never bought any because I thought I wouldn't like it.  Then, for my Christmas cards last year, I thought that kraft and teal would look great together (which they do) but I didn't want to order anything from Stampin' Up, so I kept my eye out around the stores whenever I was out shopping.  I happened to stop into Zellers one day for something and thought I would take a quick browse through the craft section.  I've gotten some really good deals on punches and stamps on lines they were discontinuing, so I was hoping I would find some more of those good deals.  I happen to find a pack of Kraft cardstock on the shelf that had the corner opened so I felt it and it felt like brown card board.  This is exactly what I wanted.  I know a lot of people turn their nose up at buying inexpensive/no-name cardstock.  Well not me.  I'm not a craft snob. I use everything and anything as long it works and I like it.  So, I've been using this on all most all my projects lately.  And this next card has it too.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Fairy Dress (A Day for Daisies)
Papers:  Kraft cardstock (The Paper Company), red & yellow cardstock (Recollections), white card base (Staples 110#)
Tools & Embellishments:  CraftRobo (Nestability shapes & oval), red pearlescent fabric paint (Tulip), lemon yellow Liquid Pearls, large Hydrangea & Hydrangea trio punches (Martha Stewart), embossing stylus, ribbon (Dollar Store), Edwardian Script font (sentiment), pop dots, Star Dust Stickles, artists chalks (Loew Cornell), eyeshadow applicators (Dollar Store), liquid glue (Zip Dry)

This card is fairly straight forward.  I cut the Nestability shapes with my CraftRobo.  I then used the print and cut feature to print the stamp image and then cut the oval around it.  I coloured the image with artists chalk, and then coated the wings with stickles.  I attached the image to the Nestability shapes with pop dots.  I used my Liquid Pearls on the top & bottom scallops of the Nestability shapes.  Then I punched several of the hydrangea trio punches from yellow and one from red, and one large hydrangea from red.  I used an embossing stylus on the petals by going over them on top of a piece of fun foam so that they would curl.  Once they were the shape I wanted, I glued them together with Zip Dry.  I used red pearlescent fabric paint on the centre of the yellow flowers, and yellow Liquid Pearls on the centre of the red flower.  While the liquid pearls were drying, I cut my kraft cardstock and ran it through the printer to print the sentiment.  I usually use Paintshop Pro for all my digital work, and like to create my own word art, so I did that for the sentiment.  I cut my length of ribbon and tied my bow.  It took me several tries to get it the right shape.

Tip:  I ran a straight piece of ribbon through the knot before I tightened it so that I could slide the bow back and forth once the ribbon was adhered  to get the positioning just where I wanted it.

I glued everything together, and, voilà, my card was done.  I am really liking this colour combination.  And, I'm sure you will see a few more projects from me using kraft cardstock.  It is my new best friend in my supplies.

Don't forget that the ADFD challenge is still going on.  You could win a free ADFD image, plus, there is a free image to get you started if you don't already have any of ADFD images.  If you want to check out the store, there are tons of beautiful digi stamps to choose from.   Any ADFD image will be accepted in the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Looking forward to seeing you again...

Cat

1 comment:

Ellis said...

Thank you Cat, I couldn't resist a challenge with the wonderful fairy dress! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...