About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

IBFD - "Love or Valentine's Day" Challenge

Hi again!  I have a very cute little card (if I do say so myself) using one of the adorable Freddie the Frog images from I Brake For Digis.  This one is Frog Prince and I thought the way he has his lips puckered up to give you a big kiss is just too darn cute.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Frog Prince (I Brake for Digis)
Papers:  Recollections cardstock (Valentine collection), Smitten Heart Stripe (K&Company)
Tools & Embellishments:  Scallop Trim border punch (Stampin' Up!), red & gold Stickles, Copic Markers, Bic Mark It markers, quilting ruler, rotary quilting cutter, Occidental font (sentiment)

Even though this is a very plain card, I think the colours pop just because there is so much white space.  And, luckily, I picked the right shade of pink when printing the sentiment.  Its a good thing I calibrated my monitor to get it to match as closely as I could to what actually prints on my printer.  I didn't use my paper trimmer this time because I needed to make some very small strips (1/2" & 1/4").  Instead I used my quilting ruler and rotary cutter.  I also used them to do the matting around the image.  They're pretty handy tools, but you do have to watch because that rotary blade is very very sharp.  I've sliced the skin off a couple knuckles a time or two when I was still quilting.  Not good to get blood all over your fabric (or your card making supplies either).

I hope you like this little card I made.  You can purchase this darling little frog at the IBFD store.  You can also still get in on the fun with this week's challenge over at The Brakefast Club.  They're a really nice bunch of people there and I'm sure you'll have some fun.

Thanks for coming by and taking a look at my stuff. :)

Talk to you later...

Cat

3 comments:

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Love that frog, made for such a cute card.....

Chrissy D said...

This is sure to bring a SMILE to your Valentine!

Robyn - injoystampin said...

Too cute! Love the sparky lips! :c)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...