About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Thursday, January 06, 2011

IBFD - Star with Baby Bear

Hope you all are doing well.  It seems that there has been a few issues with blogger.  I've been pulling my hair out thinking my computer was getting hung up everytime I tried to post something.  Well, at least now I know it wasn't me and that makes me feel a whole lot better.

I have a new card using the ever so cute Star with Baby Bear image from I Brake for Digis.  There aren't a lot of young children in my family.  My niece is it and she's 10, so baby cards are a little too young for her (although I know she would find this image adorable too), so I don't make a whole lot of baby cards.  To top it off everyone I know is waaaaayyyy past the point in their lives where a baby would even be considered. :)  So I saw this image and I just had to make a card with it.  And I had to use one of my favourite colour schemes for it - blue & yellow.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Star with Baby Bear (I Brake for Digis)
Papers:  coloured card stock (Recollections), white card stock (Wausau Exact Index 110#), patterned paper (Costco)
Tools & Embellishments:  ribbon (Michaels), Lace Heart edge punch (Martha Stewart), Classic Butterfly trio punch (Martha Stewart), Perfect Pearls, Copic markers

Its a fairly simple card, but I really wanted to show off the image.  Also, I needed to make the image large enough to show all the great detail, which meant there wasn't a whole lot of room left on the card front.  I usually don't make cards that are "off size" since its a chore to either find an envelope or make one for the off size.  I think this card turned out pretty nice.  I hope you all like it. :)

Take care & I'll talk to you later...

Cat

4 comments:

Jill Sarginson said...

awwwwww that card is ADORABLE!!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is so sweet! Beautiful lay out, Cat!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a sweet way to make a baby card. Just lovely!

Unknown said...

Awwww how sweet, perfect congrats for baby card. Suzanne x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...