I really love this release from ADFD. I have these pictures of my niece when she was 5 years old wearing wings, a crown, and holding a "magic wand". She looked so cute and I couldn't help but make another scrapbook page of these photos with a couple images from this new release. Here's my layout:
Stamps: Fairy Mushroom, Quiet Fairy (A Day for Daisies)
Cardstock: DCWV, Recollections, Wausau Exact Index 110#, Domtar Cougar
Tools & Embellishments: star dust stickles, rhinestones, small scallop decorative edge scissor (Fiskars), frond punch (Martha Stewart), French Script font (title), Craft Robo, Marvy markers, Crayola markers, iridescent medium (Windsor & Newton), ric rac ribbon (Dollar Store)
I've been wanting to make some of the large quilled flowers that are cut from circles. They look so pretty. I decided to cut some with my deco scissors for a little bit of a different look. To make the flower, you cut a sprial from a circle. You can use a quilling tool or just roll the sprial to the centre and then glue in place. I glued a rhinestone into the centre of each flower. You have to use a good strong adhesive with these. I used Aileen's fast grab tacky glue. It works really well. The big green leave are hand cut from scraps of green cardstock, and the smaller ones are punch outs. These flowers and leaves are a really good way to use up those smaller scrap pieces. The largest flower is about 1" across and the starting circle I cut was about 2.5" across. You don't even need to be all the accurate cutting since a little deviation here and there gives the flower some "petal" shapes. Here's a close up of some of the flowers:
I've been trying to use my Craft Robo more than I have lately. Its a great tool and I'm always impressed with how nicely (and easily) it is to create with it. I used it this time to create the frame which is pretty straight forward, and I also used it to create the title. I love the matting & the print & cut features in the RoboMaster software. I printed the title, then used the mat feature a couple of times, making a larger mat each time for the different layers. Here's a close up of the title:
And finally, the images that inspired me to make this scrapbook page: the Fairy Mushroom & Quiet Fairy images. I combined the two images, then imported the jpg into my RoboMaster software and used the autotrace feature with a little bit of a margin to create the cutting line around the image. This is SOOOOO much easier than hand cutting all those little crevices. Plus its always exactly the same distance from the lines all the way around. Here's a close up so you can see some detail:
I used my Marvy markers on the mushroom because I had a marker colour called mushroom, so that worked. I then sponged some iridescent medium over it when the marker ink was dry, but that seemed to wash it out, so I took some Momento rich cocoa ink and sponged that on to give it a little texture. I used Crayola markers to colour the little fairy, and once the ink was dry I put stickles on her wings because all fairy wings sparkle.
A couple other things I did was I cut the big scalloped circle on my CraftRobo with a font called 09KutUps. Its a font with shapes with some similar to Nestabilities that you can cut directly from any cutting machine that will cut true type fonts. Secondly, I wanted it to look like there was "fairy dust" coming off the wand in the first picture, so I drew some swirls on the cardstock very lightly with pencil. Then I used my star dust stickles and went around the lines with little dots. Once the stickles were dry, I erased the pencil lines, then I glued little flower shaped rhinestones in amongst the swirls.
Well that's it for now. Its pretty late here, or I should say, its pretty early here (3:40 am). I'm having another one of those nights were I can't sleep, so I thought I would post this layout. Hubby doesn't have to go into work until later in the afternoon, so I'll be able to sleep a little later.
Take care & thanks for stopping by...