About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Friday, February 11, 2011

ADFD New Release 02/11/11

Hi everyone!  Its time again for another great release from ADFD.  This week's images are, as usual, very pretty. You just can't go wrong with them.  Here's a peek at the new release:

The card I made this week is in my usual style: simple and straight forward.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Daddy's Little Princess (A Day For Daisies), birthday sentiment (Michaels clear stamp)
Papers:  Recollections cardstock, Wausau Exact Index 110#, Energy digital paper collection (Summertime Designs), Staples matte finish brochure paper
Tools & Embellisments:  Prisma pencil crayons, oms, ribbon (dollar store), coral craft ink (unknown - dollar store), paper crimper (Fiskars), edge distresser tool (Heidi Swapp)

I really like using digital papers these days.  There are thousands of talented designers out there and they put out some beautiful work.  What I love about digital papers is that I never run out of a cherished design because as long as I have paper and ink to print with, I have another piece of that gorgeous paper. It really isn't as expensive as you think.  How much do you pay for a piece of patterned paper at the craft store? Usually, anywhere from $0.50 to $1.99 for name brand designer papers (plus your time and gas running around to the craft stores).  Even if you pay for a digital paper (because there are thousands of beautiful free ones), plus the cost of of paper and ink, you will end up paying anywhere from $0.45 to $0.75 for a sheet of letter size paper.  I don't think that is all that much. So anyway, I'm not going to go on about the benefits of digital. I'm digressing from my topic today.

Like I said, this card is pretty simple and straight forward.  I printed my patterned paper out, cut it down to size to cover my card front, then tore it in half.  I used a coral colour chalk ink and sponged around the edges to distress it a little more.  For the ribbon treatment, I adhered my ribbon to a piece of cardstock, then I ran it through my crimper.  Make sure the ribbon is well adhered to the cardstock, because it will pull away from the cardstock as I learned in my first attempt.  I used Sobo white glue the second time and let it dry for about an hour before running through the crimper.  I used my edge distress tool on all the edges and then assembled my card. Pretty easy.

I hope you pop over to the ADFD store and check out these images as well as all the other fabulous images Tammy has in the shop.  And don't forget, there is still another week to get in on the challenge over at the ADFD blog.  You could win yourself an image from the store, plus there is a free image for you on the blog just for playing along in the challenge.

Have a great weekend everyone!  Talk to you later...

Cat

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...