About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Saturday, February 05, 2011

ADFD - New Release & a New Challenge

Its that time again.  ADFD has released some more awesome images.  With spring (hopefully) around the corner, the images are perfect for getting ready for gardening, flowers, and warner weather in general.  Here's a peek at what is up for new images this week:


I'm still in the Valentine mode, so I wanted to incorporate some of these images into some of the cards I needed to make to send to family & friends for Valentine's Day.  Then all of a sudden, two cosmic forces came together:  this week's stamp releases and a new movie release.  There is a new movie being released called "Gnomeo & Juliette".  Fabulous!  Just the quote I needed to get my idea off the ground.  Here it is:

Supplies:
Stamps:  Daisy Gnome, Mushroom Gnome, Potted Gerber Daisies (A Day for Daisies)
Papers:  Recollections cardstock (red & pink), Wausau Exact Index 110# (white), Bazzil (yellow),  Angel Mother digital paper collection (Summertime Designs - printed on brochure paper), matte finish brochure paper (Staples)
Tools & Embellishements:  CraftRobo, Doily edge punch (Martha Stewart),  Edwardian Script font (sentiment), ribbon (Michaels), copics, Lace Heart edge punch (Martha Stewart)

I used my CraftRobo to cut the circle, scalloped circle, and oval shapes.  I created my "faux" nestie templates to make the embossed rims around the circle and scalloped circle.  The main image is coloured with my copics.  The little boy gnome's wheelbarrow originally had mushrooms in it, but I thought he should be hauling a load of hearts to his sweetie for Valentine's.  I used the lace heart edge punch to get all the little hearts since I didn't have a single punch small enough.  Other than that the card is very straight forward.  You can get any of the new released images in the ADFD shop along with all the other fabulous images for sale there.

The next card is one I created for the new challenge running Challenge #11 - "Heavy Metal Rocks".  The challenge is to use "metal" in your creations.  The image I chose for my card is an image that was offered as a freebie a while ago.  Its such a sweet image and I have plans to use it again when Stampede rolls around here in Calgary.  Here is the card I created for the challenge:

Supplies:
Stamps:  My Little Cowboy (A Day For Daisies)
Papers:  Stampin' Up (black cardstock),  Angel Mother digital paper collection (Summertime Designs - printed on brochure paper), brushed gold cardstock (Dollar Store), shiny gold cardstock (Dollar Store), matte finish brochure paper (Staples)
Tools & Embellishments:  Scroll Lace edge punch (Martha Stewart), Sheriff's badge image (coloring-pages-kids.com), flat back pearls (Dollar Store), embossing stylus, copic markers, black sharpie marker

The hardest thing to create on this card was the sheriff's badge.  I found a free colouring page and printed it off in mirror image.  Then I taped it to the back of my shiny gold cardstock, and followed the lines on the image with my stylus so that it would emboss the image through to the front of the cardstock.  Once, I had the image completely embossed, I cut it out, then I traced over the lettering with a thin black sharpie.  The image is matted with a scrap of black SU! cardstock, and then with a piece of brushed gold cardstock.  I seem to be on this theme of simple cards lately and this one fits into that category.

I hope you join in on the challenge.  Its a lot of fun and as usual, Tammy has a great free image for you to play along.  You can also win an image of your choice from the store for playing, so join in.

Talk to you later...

Cat

1 comment:

Trina said...

Cat, I think I might need to borrow that idea for how to make a sheriff's star! Thanks for sharing how to do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...