About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

I was a Guinea Pig...

My friend, Wenchie, was looking for a couple guinea pigs to test out her tutorial to make one of her amazing "furniture" projects.  So, I jumped at the chance to try my hand at making one.  It was a lot of fun to do.

If you aren't familiar with Wenchie's stuff, you should really get acquainted with her works, because they are spectacular.  She is one amazing crafter.  You can see her SplitcoastStamper gallery here, and this is her blog.

So, as I was saying I gave one of her projects a test run.  Its a sweet little dresser that turned out just amazing. I used plain cardstock (Domtar coated 200#) for mine and when I showed my husband the final product, he thought I had bought a little plastic dresser to store all my little trinkets in.  Be on the lookout for the tutorial for this project over at Splitcoast.  They have finally recognized Wenchie's talent and asked her to create a tutorial for the members.

Here is how mine turned out:


I think its awesome and the instructions were very easy to follow along.  After she does her tweaking on the tutorial, I think it will be even more easy to do.

Like I said, be on the lookout for this tutorial over at Splitcoast.  You won't be disappointed making this project.  Its fun and functional!

Have a great day everyone!

Cat

2 comments:

mschiddy said...

Wow! That is awesome! I'll have to check out her blog!

Heather Perreaux said...

Now that I can comment on your blog, I can properly acknowledge this post.

You hit a home run with your go at this project as the very first to try it out. Thanks so much for the mention!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...