About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Saturday, June 01, 2013

Guest Designer - Drunken Stampers

Well!  I can finally let Cat out of the bag (yes, I intentionally left the word "the" out of the phrase).  I'm going to be a guest designer on the Drunken Stampers challenge blog for the month of June.  I'm really excited about it.  I've never been a "guest designer" before, so I'm going to try and wow you all with some great stamped projects.

The first challenge for June is Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Bling!   You can make something representative of the movie or the theme (and who doesn't love bling?)  I opted for da bling of course.  I made a sweet little thank you card for someone special.  I hope you like it.



Unfortunately, I can't seem to get a better picture of it. The picture really doesn't show off how sparkly it is. I added stickles to random dots on the patterned paper and then I made swirls and dots on the pink cardstock too.  The chipboard letter was already a glittered chipboard piece, but I wanted even MORE bling, so I loaded it up with rhinestones.  Even the ribbon has a little metallic thread running along the edges (that my photo didn't pick up).  With all that excitement going on on the card, I wanted the word "Thank" to stand out, so I use a plain font alpha stamp for the word.

I really hope you join in the Drunken Stampers challenges along with me this month.  Its going to be a fun time.  And, just a little teaser to leave off with you.  I've been on this blog for about 8 years I think and I don't often post pictures of myself.  Usually because I'm the one behind the camera.  I get a lot of people asking me what I look like. Well, they'll be posting a snapshot of me over on Drunken Stampers. So if you want to see the face behind that green cat all over the internet, you'll be able to see the real me.

So that's all for today. Stop back again next week for another fun challenge card.  Also, you can stop by my store blog to pick up some fun free digi scrapping kits for a couple of blog trains I'm participating in.

Talk to you later...

Cat

3 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Cat! Congrats on being the June Designated Driver....looks like turning the keys over to you this month was a great thing- LOVE your card! The bling is swesome- every gal loves diamonds! I ahd a blast being the May guest designer- everyone is so nice and fun! And the challenges really make you think and stretch your creativity a little! Enjoy your month! I look forward to seeing your creations!!

Anonymous said...

We're excited to have you create with us Cat!! Just LOVE your blingy card!! Can't wait to see what else you've got up your creative sleeve!!

Hugs

Spike

Jessi Fogan said...

After reading your intro over at Drunken Stampers...seriously, separated at birth! Spilling, pink crafty bits (but not 'in real life')...SO glad to have you along for the crazy ride this month! WOOT!
(PS - did you know you have Word Verification turned on? It's Blogger's default setting)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...