About Me

I am a techno/gadget freak. I love almost anything that has to do with computers and software. I have an engineering background, but I haven't worked in that field for over 10 years. I married my wonderful husband in September 2004 and look forward to spending every single day of the rest of my life with him. I love cats and even call myself "Cat".

Followers

Saturday, June 08, 2013

I'm feeling BLUE!

Hey everyone!  I'm not depressed - really.  I'm feeling blue because its another Drunken Stampers Challenge - My Best Friend's Wedding or the colour blue. :)  That's why I'm feeling blue!


I want to show you the card I made this week for the challenge.  Since Father's day is just around the corner, I thought I would also use this challenge to try give you all a little inspiration.  Sadly, my dad passed away almost 12 years ago.  I miss him every day.  He was a wonderful person and his gentleness and generosity is something that I looked up to.

This challenge was really a challenge for me.  Blue is my favourite colour, but I have a hard time working with what I call masculine colours.  I left the card a little more plain, but I still had to put some bling in it with the glittered stars.  You may notice the two tone "twine" on there.  I used some #10 crochet cotton and coloured it with a blue & beige copic to match the colour scheme of the card.  That technique is a great way to get custom colours and custom matching to your projects.  I just happened to grab a couple copics, but you could use any type of marker you have handy.  I have done it with Marvy markers and Crayola as well and both worked great too.  So without much further a do, here's the card:


I hope you will stop by next week to see what I have in store for the next challenge.  Make sure you head over to the Drunken Stampers blog and put in your entry for the challenge.  I see from all the players of the last challenge that a lot of very talented people hang out there.  At least all the cool one's do. :)

See you next week...

Cat

3 comments:

Donna said...

Awesome card Cat!! Love that you coloured the twine with markers! I struggle with masculine cards too...this one is great!!

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love the glittery stars and stacked banners. Beautiful card!

Jessi Fogan said...

Condolences on the loss of your father - I imagine that Fathers Day is a day of remembrance for you rather than celebration? Sending hugs your way :)
I love your card - the glossy & glittery stars are so neat, and awesome tip on colouring the thread!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...